An area where four railway lines connect, The Junction has seen its share of newcomers. In the late 1800s, Irish and English manufacturing workers arrived. From 1857 to 1876, “tourists”—mostly to the Keele family–owned Carlton Race Course, site of the first Queen’s Plate—began frequenting. Finally, Eastern and Southern European immigrants came to fuel the Ontario Stockyards, which, for a time, constituted Canada’s largest livestock market (helping to cement Toronto’s “Hogtown” moniker). Well, with today’s growing demand for real estate in the area, the future of Dundas West & Keele looks to be equally storied: former meat-packing plants have been converted to condos, while that “previously ignored” commercial stretch is bursting with chic restaurants and bars, and the young hipsters that fill them.